Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mmm...Crazy

In addition to the usual nametag and apron, I think the Quiznos employees here in Oxford must be given little baggies of crack when they're hired, because every time I go in there something stupid happens.

Tonight the girl making my sandwich asked me about my eyebrow piercing, and we began chatting about places in and near Oxford where piercings and tattoos are done. When I mentioned a particular parlor and the negative things I'd heard about them, she was like, "Oh yeah, I know. Look at this," and then proceeded to take off her gloves, pull up her shirt, and show me the ugliest tattoo I've seen in a hot minute: badly aligned on her lower abdomen, in an awful state prison-chic font, are the words "Eye Candy." She then looks at me and says, "It's ugly, ain't it?"

All I could do was cock my head to the side, look up at the menu board, and mumble something nonspecific. Some people have WAY too much self-esteem for their own good.

No comments: